Following the narrative Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sadaris, an epiphany found its way to re-enter my mind quite frequently. Followed however; by a few instances in relation to my educational past. Education to me means a form of information and how it enters ones’ brain, whether it is visual, auditory, or kinesthetic the education means providing one with additional knowledge. Recollection from my early childhood learning brings back numerous memories; such as, remembering that learning felt some what daunting at some points. I recall teachers mentioning consequences followed by failing completion of an assignment. I don’t believe this was a necessary strategy to coerce ones assignment to be in on time, or at least it wasn’t for me! I continued to think about “what if I didn’t turn it in?” and sometimes believe it or not I wouldn’t just to experience the consequences. This childhood recollection definitely reminded me of the French teacher in the story, sometimes ways people choose to handle different situations can affect the ones there teaching in multiple differentials.
No comments:
Post a Comment